It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 am 
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

When and where was the term selfcest first used? The concept has been around forever but labeling the act as selfcest seems to be a recent invention. I did some seraching and according to google the term was never used in books. As for the web, it was hard to pin down when selfcest was first used but according to Google Trends it seems that it became a common term in 2008.

Other things from Google Trends for selfcest (world wide results)
• In 2012 there was an upswing in popularity and it was at its most popular in June 2015
• When ranked by proportion of all queries (not quantity of quires) the Philippines and South Korea are at the top.
• Most popular series for selfcest: 1st Hetalina: Axis Powers, 2nd Naruto, 3rd League of Legends, 4th My Little Pony
• Most popular charter for selfcest: League of Legends Ahri
• Most popular sexual preference: 1st Futanari, 2nd Yaoi, 3rd Yuri, 4th Gender bent.
• Most popular from of selfcest: 1st cloning, 2nd incest, 3rd time travel

What do you think? Did you see anything that surprised you? Where do you think the term selfcest came from? Did you see the term selfcest before 2008?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 am 
General
General

It's really mostly due to a thread dating wayyyyy back when we were deciding what to call it. What the couples were called when paired with themselves. After we threw a few out there we kind of stuck with selfcest and the term spread as more and more of us used the tag on image boards and commissions as well as stories. At least that's how I remember it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:46 pm 
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Mystery solved. Thanks!

It is great that this commuinty set the ground work for it to become a common term. Hopefully one day it will elevate from tag to genre.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:47 am 
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

i believe, game Nier automata should be mentioned in this thread regardless.

I cannot right now emphasize whole situation between internet, society and this mentioned game...

But, i personally, was surprised by encoutered quantities clone particular discussions and content, including humorous with relation to nier automata in completely distanced from this site resources and youtube videos, between individuals, who might not ever, perhaps, consider anything in this regard.

It seems, may increase to some extent awareness about selfcest, cloning. Not to mention strongly clones centered direction of game, which may be extremely rare among widely distributed games.

And also, Bayonetta, i would like to mention too. It is now old game(2009),

fact matter is, it is contain selfcest thematic cutscene and may prove to be remarkable considering year, how implied by this thread. It is debatable what is effect that it applys on public, though. Perhaps it contain function of precursor of some kind or to some extent.

It is definitely cause of at least, lets say, some hentai, i suppose, including, extremely exciting, for me, poster....
https://imgur.com/dPP5SSo

speaking of which,

I finding, that followers of exclusively combative direction of works don't appears to be exist, unless their affinity including sexual erotic selfcest beside it, which also dominant as, dear i say, of rule.

I meant indifference to sexual selcfest works and with attraction to solely combatic and competetive central clone interactions, seems anomaly.

To the degree, that it is all strike me, as completely worthless observation.

It is stops me from trying under this topic include combative occuriences in films and various productions, and attemps to highlight early situtations through years and it's influence.

Attachments:
002.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 pm 
Special Ops
Special Ops

2008 is actually when this forum was first created... which is a pretty interesting coincidence.... or is it??