It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:41 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Annihilation film
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:11 pm 
Captain
Captain

First of all, this is a great great movie and those who liked Ex Machine will absolutely love this. Second, there is a TOH scene towards the end to look forward to. Though super short it really got my heart pounding... it could have been even better given the potential there. But TOH fans will like it nonetheless. Curious to know what the rest of you think!

Post subject: Re: Annihilation film
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:36 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Quote:
First of all, this is a great great movie and those who liked Ex Machine will absolutely love this. Second, there is a TOH scene towards the end to look forward to. Though super short it really got my heart pounding... it could have been even better given the potential there. But TOH fans will like it nonetheless. Curious to know what the rest of you think!
How's that TOH scene?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

I don't want to spoil anything but i'll just say that it's good in that it's Natalie Portman, bad in that it's super short and barely lasts more than a few seconds. But the setup is very dramatic... you'll have to watch it to know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:51 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I don't want to spoil anything but i'll just say that it's good in that it's Natalie Portman, bad in that it's super short and barely lasts more than a few seconds. But the setup is very dramatic... you'll have to watch it to know what I'm talking about.
I liked it a lot, but in a way it reminded me of a scared animal. Move too suddenly and it vanishes out of terror.

Great film, though! Sadly I had some of the quiet, intense, emotional scenes near the end almost ruined by a group of college men in the back of the theater. Oh well~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 am 
Major
Major

Quote:
Quote:
I liked it a lot, but in a way it reminded me of a scared animal. Move too suddenly and it vanishes out of terror.

Great film, though! Sadly I had some of the quiet, intense, emotional scenes near the end almost ruined by a group of college men in the back of the theater. Oh well~
Ahhh! Magicbox, you beat me to it! :p I just saw the movie this weekend. The ending was an "interesting" TOH moment. Like you, I was also hoping they went deeper into it with Natalie Portman, kind of like they did with "Black Swan" which was full of memorable Natalie clone moments. As a lover of sci-fi, I enjoyed the film either way.

Quantumstar99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 am 
Corporal
Corporal

At least in the UK, this film is on Netflix, and let me say although it was a super short scene with a minimal TOH moment , it was certainly worth it :) 1:40:27 is when the TOH moment begins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:37 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKb-Y1F0 ... ogle&hl=pt