It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Episode Interactive
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:28 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

There's a new app that should be 100% on our radar: Episode Interactive. It's a story-telling service that allows for user-generated content, and offers a pretty robust suite of animation tools. Frankly, I found it to be a perfect space for TOH story-telling with a great visual style. Something akin to cartoons that I'd never be able to create alone.

So I recommend checking out my first story, and if you like what you see, it's definitely worth experimenting with. There is a learning curve but it's worth the time: https://episode.app.link/ZbSkqmEgdL

This can only be viewed on mobile devices with the Episodes app, but again, it's worth it! If you do want to get on board with your own stories, however, please note that the app is meant for ages 13+ and bans overtly sexual content. I'm still worried about this story so I made it password protected. You can access the chapters with "twoofher".

Take a look! Hope you all decide to create and share your own.

-G

Last edited by gotastic77 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Episode Interactive
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:42 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow that was fantastic. Hope you make more or continue this one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 am 
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

That was incredible! Excellent Job! It's things like this which get me excited for TOH content in the future, hopefully this app or similar ones will expand and be more interactive. I may have to give myself a crash course and make a story!

Edit: Just had a quick look and I can’t see where you can create stories anywhere. I can only read them. 🤔

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:52 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I tried to make a story (about hive-minded sisters) and damn is that program hard to use! Think you could explain the basics? Yours was great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

There are two ways to write stories: the easiest is within the mobile app itself. MUCH simpler than the desktop portal, but less control over characters and interactions. Also a bit tougher to go back and make edits.

For the desktop viewer, once you create an account just go to episodeinteractive.com/write to get started. There's a really robust archive of tutorials to help out — and yes the system is tricky, but once you get going it becomes pretty intuitive.

And I've got another chapter hopefully publishing soon! If anyone has thoughts/suggestions I'm open to ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am 
Captain
Captain

Kinda working on a little test story with the program myself, it's kinda fun though difficult in use. Might be able to share some of tidbits here soon haha!

Loved the story btw, Gotastic! Really good! :D

EDIT:
Here is (I hope) a working version of my first test story with the Episode software. The program is fun to use, but it certainly has its limits. Hope you guys enjoy it.

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6347386142457856

P.S. Of course the password is the same as before: 'twoofher'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm 
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Great work gotastic! I just read all 3 chapters and it was fantastic! It had everything: conflict, romance, comedy, likable characters, a character arc, even a positive message about selfimage. The "choose your own adventure" elements were fun and worth a replay.

Edit:
Impressive colioli4. You really pushed the program to its limits. The multiple endings were a treat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Great work gotastic! I just read all 3 chapters and it was fantastic! It had everything: conflict, romance, comedy, likable characters, a character arc, even a positive message about selfimage. The "choose your own adventure" elements were fun and worth a replay.

Edit:
Impressive colioli4. You really pushed the program to its limits. The multiple endings were a treat.
Thanks Island! Yep, it was fun to play around with, though yeah, to add more of the advanced stuff you need to use the web browser variant and not the mobile version. They each have their pro's and cons (the mobile version allows for far easier character placement, animations, background switching and the like compared to the browser version, yet this version allows for far more intricate work at the expense of a high learning curve to get to know the coding), yet it is still a pretty robust engine to create such stories as we like to see here when you spend enough time on it :3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:29 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Glad you're all liking the content! New chapter going up today. I'm also taking the password protection off of the first episode since it's really not objectionable in any way.

And coolio, I'm glad you're getting the hang of the app too! I'd offer a warning to tread carefully though, I think that type of story will probably get flagged/removed from the app. Check out the content guidelines and their stance of sexual references. I'm sure password protection helps, but it doesn't give us the all-clear.

I'm trying pretty actively to make sure my story isn't just about TOH action... I'd rather stay extra safe and make sure the story is about something more PC (like self-love) with an "interesting take" on the details. The App is a community that's heavily monitored and I'd rather not make them aware of selfcest enthusiasts making their mark.

-G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Glad you're all liking the content! New chapter going up today. I'm also taking the password protection off of the first episode since it's really not objectionable in any way.

And coolio, I'm glad you're getting the hang of the app too! I'd offer a warning to tread carefully though, I think that type of story will probably get flagged/removed from the app. Check out the content guidelines and their stance of sexual references. I'm sure password protection helps, but it doesn't give us the all-clear.

I'm trying pretty actively to make sure my story isn't just about TOH action... I'd rather stay extra safe and make sure the story is about something more PC (like self-love) with an "interesting take" on the details. The App is a community that's heavily monitored and I'd rather not make them aware of selfcest enthusiasts making their mark.

-G
Good point Gotastic. I'll try to keep the more TOH content down a little, though as of yet I'm not 'publishing' any material, so I don't think I will be flagged if my stuff is not visible online on the main pages. Nevertheless, you are correct in saying that we'd better not have the community fall over us, so I'll keep it down.

Thanks for the head's up though! And can't wait to see more of your story! :3