It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:54 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:27 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Happy Anniversary to the BlueVersusRed Forum!

I have returned from BEYOND to try and draw a comic to celebrate... and failed. :?

Well, to be precise it's not completed, and I've had difficulty making time for it.
So for now, I'll post the first handful of pages for you on this day of celebration, and hopefully I can get the rest done some time this year! XD
(with my luck I might get motivated and finish it before the end of April. No promises though...)

So, what is it? Why, it's an adaptation of one of my own stories that I posted on this site long ago, THE BIFURCATION BLADE! The first chapter to be precise. Anyone who hasn't read it and curious, here's the link:
http://blueversusred.net/forum/viewtopi ... =13&t=2431

So, trying to draw a comic was ambitious! And with my lack of experience (and limited drawing resources), I hope I haven't made too much of a mess to look at... :lol:
(not to mention me taking a few cheap shortcuts with the art, or otherwise ignoring small flaws...)
I am all in for constructive criticism (and praise, certainly, I love praise, helps motivate me! :lol: )

And who knows? Maybe some day, when I'm 89 years old, I'll eventually have drawn all the chapters of the story! :lol:

One last note: I've taken the liberty of making tweaks to the story, given I'm not completely satisfied with elements of it after all this time. Most prominently I changed a bit up on Cassandra and Dezira's past history before the start of the story, giving them a stronger connection.
The first chapter was originally a oneshot I churned out without too much thought, and I feel it had rather weak justification for how it ends. But it's not anything that drastically changes the story, just some important tweaks to make the story better! :D

Well, without further ado, I give you the 6 first pages (plus the title page), of the first chapter, of The Bifurcation Blade!
Attachment:
tbb-01-00.PNG

Attachment:
tbb-01-01.PNG

Attachment:
tbb-01-02.PNG

Attachment:
tbb-01-03.PNG

Attachment:
tbb-01-04.PNG

Attachment:
tbb-01-05.PNG

Attachment:
tbb-01-06.PNG

To be continued...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:02 pm 
General
General

YEEEESSSSS!!!! *heart stops and starts* YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!

This is fucking amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to draw this! I absolutely loved your story and seeing it drawn is just fantastic! I'll be waiting as long as it takes for more and if you're still doing them I'll be eagerly awaiting my favorite of yours, teleporter reporter :D. Thank you again revolving. It's always great to see you :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:45 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

This is awesome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:14 am 
Special Ops
Special Ops

woww, that's a great start Rev! really looking forward to following pages - your bifurcation blade series is still one of my all time fav stories, and it's great to see this new take on it!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!